Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whale Watching!!!

I went whale watching in Dana Point with my gentleman friend, Jim! We had sooo much fun! I have never seen a whale whilst whale watching, ive actually never really been whale watching, sad but true! Dolphin trip with Sams kindergarten class....but thats it! SO I was in heaven! We were on a great boat with an amazing captain who has done a lot of work and been on a bunch of documentary's...really knowledgeable...anyways, we wound up spotting 3 BLUE whales!! He said that was very rare to even just see one! So we got spoiled! It was truly amazing...they were humongous!! And so close! We saw a ton of dolphins too!! Can you believe it?! It fluked right in front of us! This tail was like 16' across!

Huge!!!


I LOVE dolphins!!! I wanted to jump in and swim with them!!

Jim is a great date planner....he spoils me!

It was a beautiful day and we had alot of fun....things like this make you really appreciate the world around you...I mean I live here at the Pacific Ocean with these amazing creatures right in my "backyard". I love it.

5 comments:

Bob said...

That looks amazing! And you're right, there's so much right around us. We always think we have to travel hundreds of miles to see something cool, but it's in our backyard--practically.
Love the pics...keep 'em coming!
~Melissa

Lara said...

What a fun date? I can't believe those pictures! How cool for you guys!

Cierra said...

ahhhhh so i finally get to put a face to this jim man. (i've really only heard about him through mom and dad, which reminds me that we need to talk again!)

that is the FUNNEST date!! i can't believe you saw 3 blue whales!! lucky...and dolphins!! i'm so glad you had such an adventure!

The Nannie Family said...

What a great way to spend time. What great pictures. Glad you got to see whales and dolphins.

Kim said...

I have sweet pictures of Seth and me on this date. We did see two whales but your trip wins.