Friday, February 25, 2011

Straw Visor Club



The street I live off of is beautiful and hilly and treey and its where i like to walk/run.
It's actually quite a popular exercise route.
And while i enjoy my time just loving the visual beauty I must admit I get jealous occasionally.
Want to know why?
The Straw Visor Club
Now this isn't probably isn't the real name of the group but thats what i call them so there you go.....
There is this group of ladies, probably 4-6 that walk my route.
Not every day and not always at the same time...but they are there...
And i want to be them.
They all wear straw visors and have water bottles and are working up a sweat and smiling...
too much fun being had - and i want in.
Doug says I should just buy a hat and then kinda sneak in, you know, hide behind a tree and then just stealth myself in when noones looking and then just pretend like I was always part of the group...
They would never know right? I mean I got the visor?!
But alas....
I'm by myself looking on wishing I was cool enough to be in the
Straw Visor Club.

3 comments:

Cierra said...

just DO it! you convinced me to wear red lipstick, so let me convince you to buy a visor and join the club! :)

they would love you anyways...what do you have to lose? don't you think they would be so stoked if someone went through the effort of buying a straw visor just to fit in??

Marissa said...

i think they would think i was a crazy stalker.

Lara said...

I say go for it! If nothing else it would make for a very entertaining story! :)