Wednesday, February 2, 2011

what strange weather we're having.....

Happy Groundhog Day!
Today reminds me of one of my favorite people from high school, Suzanne Nelson....
Suzanne loved Groundhog Day and so now i do too.
I dont know if i saw my shadow today though because everytime i tried to look at the ground my hair would get whipped and blown and swirled all up in my grill.
So i saw my hair all day.

Speaking of crazzzy weather i just want to brag while i know most of my family and friends are freezing 
and/or already frozen....i spent last week at the beach. it was 78. 
and i actually spent at least 4 days at the beach this loverly wintery january. yup.
I love our new beach. I know, blasphemy. but i do.
Its beautiful and convenient and there are cliffs and awesome walks and tide pools and good waves and little pools and just all around great for my little adventurers!
Last week we went for a walk to this ginormous rock where there are some tide pools. Its a good little walk, about 1 1/2 miles each way....but there are crabs "this big!!" (just imagine my fingers open really wide)
the best part is on the other side of the rock a little ways down is the nudey beach where some 
really hot (ugly) built (fat) guys (gay) lay out...so we dont go past the rock....
anyways....it was a nice stroll and it was one of those days where the ladybugs are migrating and mateing and just being altogether crazybugs so they were everywhere!!!
I love them!!!




My little lady









Cashel loves them too...she kept catching them and making sure they wouldnt leave me...
she loves me. a lot.

 Kobe, Gabe and Cashel love these cliffs...they spend hours digging jumping burrowing and (when the waters too cold) boogie boarding down them!


 
(see that creepy guy playing the guitar? i felt bad cause he was trying to groove and find inner peace and my kids were not really that inspiring i'm pretty sure)

So what have you been up to this january? 
Besides being jealous of me :)

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am so happy that you still celebrate Groundhog Day. Here's to an early spring and a wonderful rest of the year for your family!

Lots of love,
Suzanne

Tyler and Jaimee said...

I am so happy you are blogging again! Not that I blog very much but I always love all your posts and seeing pictures of you and your cute family! I want to see pictures of you house in San Diego. I heard once that was the number one best place to live in the whole US! I am so jealous!

Cierra said...

sweet sand cliffs! jealous! and i love ladybug mating season! but not so much fat naked guys....

Lara said...

I am pretty jealous of you right about now, although it's actually in the 40s today so I feel pretty toasty. I too want to see pics of your sweet crib. Keep the posts comin!

Marissa said...

Suzanne!!! oh i was so happy to see your comment! I miss you!!!
I will work on pics of my house and my new life in San Diego....keep checking back in...:)