Friday, March 4, 2011

Snowed In!! ok not really....


Freeeeezzzzing on our walk around Big Bear lake!


My Twins
Big Bear!!!! 

Dougs awesome brother Mike and sis in law Dana have a house in Big Bear and they let us use it for a few days! The kids have what has been happily named "ski week" since everyone in So Cal take the rest of Presidents Day weekend to go skiing anyway the just made it a holiday here (well in our school district anyway...) So the kids had off, I actually GOT THEM for vacation time and we had a blast!

Enjoying our Babes
We didnt have a lot of snow when we got up there but they thought they icy mud was a wonderland in itself so as soon as we got up there they were up and gone getting wet and muddy but having as much fun as kids should be! We went out the first night for some pizza and saw "Gnomeo and Juliet" The kids liked it but it was a little to Elton John for me.... :)
And then it began to snow!!!!

"Sledding" in the mud day #1



It rained and hailed over night so they couldnt go out in the morning but in the afternoon we got a few inches! It was so beautiful. I loved just sitting on the couch by the fire watching it fall over everything and stick to the branches. I could watch it all day. The sledding park was $25 a person...WHAT?! so we just found some back hills and awesome streets and did it our style :) the kids dont know the
difference and it made it more interesting having to
watch out for trees and cars and rocks......
Kobe even stood on his sled to
snow board which he did do pretty well...that kid scares me.

It Snowed!! Sledding day #2
When they werent throwing/eating snow we were warm and cozy inside having a Harry Potter marathon (we actually seem to do this a lot...hey, it's good stuff!) and playing games and drinking hot chocolate! It was a great bonding time for everone because I usually only have me munchkins during the school week so non-school tine together is precious as are they! They were all very good for being cooped up together and I'm so lucky they all love each other as much as they do!





Im surprised noone died of eating gross snow...
I am such a very lucky girl that Doug works so hard and that he is his own boss so we can take amazing trips like this....it has been so beneficial to help our new little family grow and bond to be able to spend time together. I love him and all the hard work he does to make sure we are happy and how much he loves and takes care of my kids....I truly am so blessed to have married such an amazing hunk of a man....




Yay! it snowed!!!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

ok someone needs to give me lessons on how to blog....and why what you do never turns out on the preview how it looks how you put it in...ughasaurousrex.

The Nannie Family said...

You really know how to have fun. I like how your blogs turn out.

Cierra said...

first off, don't ask me about blogging. i have the same problem. it looks all perfect on the preview and then when i hit publish the pictures are all off-center and stuff. sucks.

love the snow pics! so fun!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Your blog is awesome! I have quit trying to make mine anything but a straight line of pictures. I try to make it fancy, and when I view it, I have a straight line of pictures!! At least yours varies in sizes and some are off centered, etc. If you find any tricks, please let me know!!

Your family is adorable and you look like you are all adjusting well! So happy for you!

Lara said...

You know, if you like the snow so much you can always come experience "the greatest snow on earth" and pay me a little visit while your up here. We miss you guys!!