Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lovers Day was Loverly

Happy Valentines Day!!

Cashel's such a sweet heart <3

 For Valentines Dinner every year my mom would make us shrimp scampi and make us feel fancy and loved with flowers and toilet paper rolls decorated and filled with lots of goodies...shes the best mom. 
Me in my finery (sweat)
I have tried to keep this tradition alive if I am not going to my moms anyway (which let's face it, i usually do...especially the last 6 years...) But this year we were alone in south and I made a scrumptious meal for my little loves. I realized this year i really have no Valentines decorations and so hearts cut out of left over red stocking felt had to suffice until i feel crafty enough. Cashel made cute little cards for everyone and surprised us with treats she picked out "especially for us" (or just really all the crap she didnt want from the Valentines she got 
at school...) One thing i did that I thought was cuteish was I got these strawberry Crush bottles and made little "I have a Crush on you" tags. I had to do something right? We had Chocolate covered strawberries and then my hot hubby took me out for the most romantic movies i have ever seen. "The Rite" and "The Green Hornet" I practically wanted to make out with him the whole time we were there!! 

He actually did do a very sweet and romantical thing for me though....He has been writing artciles for Yahoo lately and he wrote our love story and posted it...if any of you wondered how we met -in his eyes :)
- take a looksy! He is my true love and I'm so lucky I 
found him!
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7729580/just_an_oldfashioned_facebook_love.html?cat=41

My Love
On Friday before Valentines we actually went to "incahoots" which is a country dance place. We went because:
A. Doug's sister and her husband met there 11 years ago to the day and so we went back to reminisce.
B. It's awesome.
We had a lot of fun mostly watching people and laughing....but i always love to watch Doug boot scoot his booty...it is pretty cute.

3 comments:

Cierra said...

ummmm....i just read doug's version of your love story.

so CUTE! i loved it! he should quit his job and write a book, seriously! how fun to have that forever. good job doug!

and i love your v-day dinner. and that cashel re-gifted all her crap candy. that a'girl!

Feather Fam. said...

Read it... love it...
You deserve it!

Lara said...

You guys are so cute!! I loved Doug's version and I love your family! I am so happy that things are good for you. You deserve the best and it looks like you finally have it!!