Thursday, September 11, 2008

griffith observatory - August 2008

Let me start this story with a little look into my life right now....
I no longer have my mini-van, I now have the pleasure of driving the car that I drove in HS....yes, the Honda Civic. It's almost as hot as the mini-van... but a different kind of hot- as in literally. There is no AC in this little number. It's been a very hot summer and I always have awesome hair after a drive. Well, we decided to go to the Griffith Observatory one night but we had to go after Jr. Life Guards, which means we were stuck in LA traffic for about 1 1/2 in 90* heat. My kids improvised shade by putting towels and shirts in any crevice they could find and then just giving up and wrapping them selves up and falling asleep...i couldn't help taking pics, especially since traffic was at a dead stop.
Avalon with her "shirt-in-the-sun-visor"

This towel started in the window but kept falling out and then I rolled up Kobe's fingers so that was the end of that. He gave up. And passed out.

Cashel just wrapped up herself in my pashmina. I can't believe that this was actually cooler but I guess the sun was off her face so maybe...

The view of LA right at sunset!

The night lights! We saw the planaterium show and it was awesome! So the hot miserable drive was worth it!

4 comments:

Cierra said...

i can just feel the heat looking at those pictures...especially the one of cashel!

those pictures remind me of the ones i took with avy forever ago in the back of mom's car where we were picking our noses and making weird faces. i miss that.

p.s. if you ever feel depressed that your car has no AC, just remember that i don't even own a car. and the chain on my bike rusted off. so walking the groceries back home is pretty hot and sweaty.

Cierra said...

p.s. i still use my bike even though it has no chain. i just walk my bike with me so i can take advantage of the handle bars and sling the bags on it. being poor is awesome!!

Lara said...

I am sweating just reading this post. That sounded yucka.

I have very fond memories of that car but it does sound like it has seen better days.

The Nannie Family said...

Sorry about your hot icky car but glad that your fun over took the bad. One more thing for us to do here.