Sunday, March 30, 2008

Piccadilly Palare

Last night Jason invited me to go see "Sweet and Tender Hooligans" with him at The House of Blues! It is a Smiths/Morrissey cover band and they are amazing! Just like being with the real man! I've seen them one other time but tonight was really good. Everyone dresses "Rock-a-Billy" for these shows now, so I thought I'd get in the spirit and I did my best with what I had....I even tried to pull off the red lips.....yikes.




All I had was my camera phone...sorry....


Am I too old for this pose?

This made me very nostalgic for "the good ole' days" when jason and I used to go to concerts and shows. For those of you who dont know Jason, (who doesn't?) he was Adams best friend in High School but I came and took over that position when Adam left HB for school and mish. I got mad at Jason last night because someone called and he was like, "I'm with Marissa, you know Adam's sister". I told him I think I have earned the right to be known as my own entity by now! Anyways, Jason has been my morrissey cohort for 20 years (yikes!) so I thought I'd post some pics of us!

I think i was like 14 here! Our first concert together!

Partners in crime always.

I think I pull off the blond here quite nicely...

So three things I learned last night...
1. Oh how I love my jason
2. I need to go see more live shows
3. I should never wear red lipstick

10 comments:

. said...

How fun! I love how you got into it. Would not expect any less from you...and no...I don't know Jason. Nice to meet you!

Lara said...

OK, Mariss, have you changed at all in the last 15+ years? That is why you are so awesome!

And by the way, you could pull off any color lipstick and still look smokin hot!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Those look like some fun times! I really like those pictures of you and Jason. You look great in the blond wig. I also like the first one where Jason's hair is standing up about 5 inches!!

Love ya,
Aunt Susan

Kim said...

Jason needs to wear a peach tuxedo shirt constantly!! Did you guys ever listen to Gene? He might as well have been a Smiths cover band.

The Nannie Family said...

Amazing Marissa. You look great in all those photos. Keith & I loved the earlier one of you in that white dress and Jason in those boots. Wow, what a couple. It's nice to have someone to hang out with and be whoever.
Love,
Aunt Kathy

Cierra said...

I'm being completely honest when I say you can pull off red lipstick. And I am very picky about who can and cannot pull it off. I, for one, can not. Congrats on that. You are my lip hero.

Glad you had a fun night!

Anonymous said...

I forgot how incredibly handsome I was back then! Wow...I mean really, really hot!! Seriously, even through the years; consistently smoking hot.

I wonder what happened and when?

Sigh.

I had a great time too, and we should for sure do it again.

Oh and Kim, if I could FIT into the peach ruffle shirt again I would never take it off.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lara said...

Marissa, Are you still alive? You need to do some serious updating. I know a lot has happened and can't wait to hear about it.

Vallente said...

A pierced tongue would complete the look, and on a tongue that big you can fit at least 5 piercings.