Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bringing in the New Year Rose Parade style!

Happy Belated New Years! For new years eve Cierra, Alfredo and i went to Pasadena for the Rose Parade! I have a friend who lives there and so we decided to take advantage! after a delish dinner we walked along the streets of the parade route...pure insanity! People who have been camped out for days lined the street! While we drove down the road we got marshmallows, silly string and tortillas with shaving cream thrown at us! We kept rolling down the windows so Alfredo would get hit! We met up with Connie, Kathy and Kathy's sister Debbie who drove down from St. George to spend the night and watch the parade! We counted down to 2008 with them and had a blast! Then they were kind enough to save us a front row spot for the morning so we didn't have to sleep on the street! Love you guys :) ! Now I can check the rose parade off my list!

Love my Conster!

The Crazyiest ones on the strip!

Theres nothing like ringing in the new year on a street corner in front of Jack in the Box!

This float was beautiful, and it had sweet Polynesian men who were practically naked following behind....oh how I love lava-lavas! I was too tired to take pictures of all the floats.... sorry folks!

4 comments:

Lara said...

What a cool thing to do! I went one year to look at the floats after the parade was over. But it just wasn't the same as live I am sure.

The Nannie Family said...

Ummm, Marissa where was my invite? That is something I wanted to do but I don't think it's high on Keith's list.

I'm glad you had a great time.
Love,
Aunt Kathy

Cierra said...

yayyy! thanks again for that adventure. alfredo and i were stoked we didnt just sit on the couch and bang a pot. whipped cream tortillas are WAY better!

p.s. i think i missed that poly float when i was busy to getting your sausage croissant sandwich and forgetting your coke.

Marissa said...

I think I still have the same headache from not getting that coke...thanks alot!